I've purchased this pattern from Rae's shop a long time ago. As usual I buy and I stash - that's my craziness. Now that I have made the Josephine I'm kicking myself for not sewing them earlier. It is an easy sew and I LOVE the result!
I made size L of this pattern without modification. The sleeves are at my wrists instead of the sweet bracelet length the pattern comes with. So I will shorten my next one by 1.5 inch. Other than that, I like the length of the blouse itself and the shoulders fit me well. I do feel I want to take in the body at least 1/2 inch next time as I prefer a more fitted look for me to wear as a work blouse.
The elastic at the back cinch the blouse nicely to give it shape. I think I sewed a too narrow casing there I could see the elastic rolling a bit. Note to self, extra attention to the elastic casing next time :P
I also used a bias tape bound finish to the neckline of this blouse. It's my favorite go to neckline finishes these days as I am just too impatient for other type of closures for my own blouses lol...the neckline is wide enough, just nice for me to pullover when wearing and taking off the blouse.
I love this beautiful cotton print by Amy Butler I chose. But I feel the blouse would look best in a lightweight fabric with more drape. Perhaps I'll make my next one in rayon or voile. I'd love to try the full tucks version and the longer tunic length of this pattern.
Pattern : Josephine Blouse by Made By Rae
Fabric : Queen Anne's Butterflies in Ruby, Amy Butler Alchemy Collection - quilting weight cotton
Size : L
Mods : Release tucks; Bias bound neck
I will be sewing more for myself in the future and blog about them here. Till then, thank you for still reading! ;)