Saturday 9 November 2013

The First Quilt I Made For Baby Erfan

When I was pregnant with baby Erfan, I got this strong urge to sew for him, particularly to make a quilt for him. Well, I ended up making 3!

This is the first quilt I made. At this time I didn't know yet if he will be a boy or a girl. So I chose a safe baby blue and brown that both a girl or boy can use. I wanted to finish as quickly as possible so I just cut and sew 7 long strips of fabrics, put a 4 inch border all around, straight line quilting using the walking foot and voila! baby quilt in no time :D


I use my favorite Joel Dewberry print as the backing


It was a fun quilt to make. Here is a photo of me hand binding the quilt. I love this process, very calming :)


Before the baby comes, little Hanan asked if she could use the quilt. She said she promised to share with little brother later lol. It is not very big so it is more like a blanket for her :)


And now that the little bubba is here, we use it ALL the time. I think quilts are so useful especially for a baby. It also makes a pretty photo background lol. Here's the lil bean on the quilt :)


I will blog more about the other baby quilts, meanwhile mummy is now dreaming of a big sized quilt for herself! :D

Till then, hugs!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for taking the time visiting and reading. I love to connect with my readers and it's wonderful to receive comments from you. I usually reply here in my blog and sometimes through email.

I really do appreciate your comments, thank you and *hugs* :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails