Sunday 29 August 2010

DMK Best Maker Sewing Contest, Finalist





I made this Lovely Ribbon Blouse for the little miss and entered it in the DMK Best Maker Sewing Contest, hosted by Christine over at From An Igloo.

I am so happy to be selected as one of the Top 8 finalists. Looking at the extremely gorgeous creations of the others I'm not sure if I stand a chance of winning, but being a finalist is an honor to me. The voting is ON till 31st August, please cast your vote here.



I used Karen's beautiful pattern Lovely Ribbon Dress/Blouse and the fabric is from my current favourite collection, Spa by Rosemarie Lavin. I love the sophisticated soft colors this collection features and the teal and brown print is very elegant to me.



Karen, the designer, was very friendly and really helpful when I emailed her to get some help about sewing the blouse. I love the fact that this beautiful design helped me learn many new sewing techniques as I really want to progress as a sewer. The design features front pleating, fully lined and reversible. I omitted the elastic on the sleeves as I like it simply this way. I used a soft polka dot lawn cotton for the lining. DMK has so many cute patterns in her shop, check it out if you haven't, you will not be disappointed!



The little miss was of course very happy with her new top, smiling non stop when I put it on, I am one happy momma :)

If you voted for me, THANK YOU friends! *hugs*


8 comments:

  1. cantik baju tu zura.. saya dah undi.. :-) good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ma sha Allah congrats on being a finalist wishing you all the best and your top gorgeous so is your princess xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck to u ! i've cast my vote

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't seen the others yet, but this is definitely a winner! It's absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kak Haida - thank you! yang lain cantik2...especially coats tu tapi nak jait kat sini panas huhu

    Mayya - aww thank you Mayya!

    Kak Niza - thanks kak! *hugs*

    Barbara - thank you my friends! the others are so beautifully sewn I'm just happy I'm selected as one of the finalists :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go on being in the top 8. I had to go check them all our and vote....so one of those cast in your favour is me! I LOVE this top girl, you did such a great job on it. Hope you win.....
    hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. B - oh thank you so much B! you really made my day! even if I don't win, I still am so happy with the support I get from wonderful sewing friends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations.You have won. when I click the link to vote for you I found the poll was closed and the winners are declared.
    Very... cute dress. Bright smile...

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for taking the time visiting and reading. I love to connect with my readers and it's wonderful to receive comments from you. I usually reply here in my blog and sometimes through email.

I really do appreciate your comments, thank you and *hugs* :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails